We have some very exciting news. The important upgrade of AirSpace has now been confirmend and going to happen this Monday, 30th November.
This upgrade, when completed, will give AirSpace a sleek new look and more features for members.The bad news is that for this to happen we need to take AirSpace of the air for about a day or so. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes but hope that the chance to see a new and improved AirSpace will entice you back to the site.
Here's a quick look at how the site will look:
To remind you, here are some features that you can expect to see from the new AirSpace?
- A substantial redesign - The old purple will be a thing of the past as AirSpace gets a much needed make-over. Expect the new design to look more attuned to the rest of Flightglobal while also making use of the width of the screen.
- New functionality - All of your favourite elements of AirSpace will still be here (Forums/Blogs/Images) but we’re adding Wikis and Groups, allowing you to create entries and groups on any topic of interest.
- Greater personalisation - The profile function is being expanded and being made more prominent so it follows both personal and general site activity, much like on Facebook.
- Improved speed/performance - Our aim is to make AirSpace much faster, with for example, a multiple image uploader allowing you to quickly paste many images at once.
As you can see there is plenty on offer so please return to check things out when we go live again. If you have any questions comments, please feel free to comment underneath or email me.
For the third year running, AirSpace is offering you the fantastic opportunity to get your best image featured on the front cover of the world renowned Flight International magazine.
Last year, we had over 1,500 high quality entries and so we are really looking forward to see what this year’s admissions have to offer.
Last year's winning image by Begemont
The best image from the four categories below will adorn the front cover of Flight International's end of year edition The winner will also receive a framed copy of that front cover and £100 (GBP).
The four categories this year are:
Here is a descrption of how you can add your image to AirSpace
- Big Birds – The big beasts in aviation are featured in this gallery, encompassing airliners, cargo aircraft and tankers
- Sleek Jets – From nimble and speedy fighters to the more refined biz jets, only the sleek jets need apply
- Old Flyers – An affectionate hat tip to the rich tapestry of aviation gone by, this category is for the old classics
- General Stars – This category is for the GA leading lights and other general aviation images
To enter the Flight International Front Cover Competition:
1. Simply click on the above categories, sign up to AirSpace (which takes a matter of minutes) and post your image into the named gallery of your choice.
2. Each category will be whittled down to a shortlist of three and the shortlists for individual categories will be featured on AirSpace in December 2008.
4. The AirSpace Image of the Year will be chosen by a panel of Flight judges, including the Editors of Flight International and Flightglobal. In addition to their image being used as the front cover of Flight International, the winner will receive a framed copy of the cover of Flight International and £100 (GBP) prize money.
5. The image used needs to have a minimum of 300 DPI resolution and be at least 22cm high or wide.
For those waiting for the announcment of the 2010 Flightglobal Calendar competition, we are currently judging this and will announce the winnning images shortly.
Terms & Conditions of the Front Cover Competition:
* Competition deadline is Midnight on 6th December 2009
* The image has to be owned by the person entering the competition, no forgeries or copies allowed
* The winner will receive a framed copy of the cover of Flight International and £100 (GBP) prize money.
* There is no limit to the number of times each registrant may take part.
* No employee of Reed Business Information is eligible to enter the competition.
* The judges’ decision is final
• For details of Flight’s products and services go to www.flightglobal.com
Part of Reed Business Information Ltd T: +44(0)20 8652 3500 Quadrant House www.reedbusiness.co.uk The Quadrant Registered in England, No 151537 Sutton, Surrey SM25AS A division of Reed Business